RETSCH – more than 100 Years of Innovation

The company was founded in 1915 by F. Kurt Retsch. A few years later he registered his first patent in grinding technology: a mortar grinder that became famous worldwide as the “RETSCH Mill”.

This innovation replaced tiresome manual grinding with hand mortars which was the standard in laboratories at the time and earned RETSCH an excellent reputation in the international science and research community.

Today RETSCH is the leading solution provider for size reduction and particle sizing technology with subsidiaries in the US, China, Japan, India, France, Italy, Benelux, Russia, UK and Thailand and an export share of 80%.

RETSCH’s philosophy is based on customer orientation and leading edge technology. This is reflected in instruments whose high-quality components are designed for perfect interaction. RETSCH products not only guarantee representative and reproducible results for grinding and particle analysis but also allow for easy and comfortable operation.

Since 1990 RETSCH has been part of the continuously growing VERDER group and formed the core of the group’s Scientific Division. Other companies that are part of this division are ATM, Carbolite Gero, Eltra, Retsch Technology.

Certificates General (2)

Map & Directions (1)

History

1915
The company is founded by F. Kurt Retsch in Düsseldorf.




1952
Engineer Dirk Sijsling assumes management responsibility for F. Kurt Retsch KG. The production of laboratory equipment becomes more and more important.

1963
Retsch intensifies its cooperation with universities and institutes to ensure that their equipment is always up to the latest technological standards. By the end of the sixties, the export share has increased to 35%.

1989
André Verder and Frans Bakker take over the F. Kurt Retsch GmbH shares in equal parts. Gradually Retsch manages the transition from a family business to an internationally active company.

1998
Foundation of Retsch Technology as a profit center under the roof of Retsch.

2000
Foundation of Retsch Technology as an independent company.

2003
Launch of the latest product generation ZM 200 / PM 100 / PM 200


2006 - 2010
Subsidiaries in China, Italy, South Korea, Norway and Russia are opened

2013
Retsch revolutionalizes grinding with an entirely new type of mill: the High Energy Ball Mill Emax.

1923
The company's first own piece of laboratory equipment is developed, a mortar mill, which becomes known as the Retsch Mill and is synonymous with the concept of easier and better laboratory work.

1959
Retsch enlarges the equipment program for sieve shakers, sample dividers and magnetic mixers. The wider production program needs more room, and so the company moves to Haan.

1976
The company moves to new offices in Haan, which with continual enlargements, is where the company sits today.



1993
A subsidiary in United Kingdom is opened.




1999
A subsidiary in Japan is opened. André Verder becomes the sole owner of the Retsch company.

2001
A subsidiary in the USA is opened.


2005
The headquarters in Haan, Germany, are rebuilt and modernized. The extended application laboratory is put into operation.

2012
Relocation to new headquarters

2015
Retsch celebrates its 100th anniversary and expands its products range with a line of big crushers and grinders, Retsch XL.